When to sell*
By: Shannon Lin, frequent seller of 8 years
When’s the best time to sell?
- There’s many expert opinions out there, here we summarize some thoughts for you
- Sometimes it’s helpful taking another perspective so we’ll start with a tip of when NOT to sell
Reconsider selling if your reason is…
- Gambling, this can be fun but dangerous for your wallet!
- Seeing the price decrease scares you.
- To combat this, set a threshold ahead of time to hold yourself accountable to selling when you told yourself you would. For example, “I’m going to sell if the price falls more than 10%.” → If it falls <10%, don’t sell. If it falls >10%, sell.
- Everyone is selling so I have to sell too
Potential good reasons to sell
- You think something has fundamentally changed about the company that worries you
- You need the money, whether to cover an extraordinary circumstance, personal expenses or to put towards another ticker you believe has a greater potential
- You’re happy with the profits and want to treat yourself
How to sell on Birdwingo app
- On the home page, click on your investment → Trade → Sell
- Input/select your desired sell amount (flip between $ or shares by tapping the gray option under the inputted amount)
- Click sell now and expect to receive your funds when the market is open (instantly if it’s during open hours)
Congrats, you sold! How to withdraw from Birdwingo app
- Click on the Account page → Withdrawal
- Type your desired amount → Continue
- Expect to receive your funds directly to your bank account within 2 days
Summary takeaways 🗯
Reconsider selling if your reason is based on external factors and consider selling if you’re happy with the gains or need the funds!
All new Birdwingo users
get a free mystery stock
Don't Stop Here. Learn more with us.
V tomto článku sa pozrieme na to, prečo je dôležité diverzifikovať investície medzi viacerých brokerov.